Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a question. I bought these dress pants up in Canada and I would like to get more, however they don't have a brand name or logo on them. I bought them from Winners. They have an elastic waist band and both pairs have the same material around the inside, plus a black piece of stretch material around the waist. I've included the tag, I've tried googling it to no avail.

Does anyone recognize them and know the brand? Thank you! :)
Dress shirt Textile Sleeve Grey Beige
Sleeve Font Nail Tints and shades Thumb
Sleeve Plant Finger Font Thumb

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
@Oktober - When there's no brand information available, one potential way to track down the brand, is to do a RN look-up (Registered Number).

That can be done here:
https://rn.ftc.gov/Account/BasicSearch

RN 83427 is registered to "NORTHERN COMFORT CORP." out of New York.

Doing a bit more investigative work, I found the company above is related to Ballin, "a Canadian manufacturer of quality mens dress trousers, casual trousers and custom made sport shirts." (reference)

Here is Ballin's website:
https://www.ballin.com/

Can't say for sure whether or not they are still making the dress pants you purchased at Winners in Canada, but you could call/email them to find out.

In looking at their website, it looks as though they only sell through stores/partners.

Their footer still shows "2016", so not sure how current the information on the website is.

There is a contact form & email on the site, so I'd recommend sending them a link to the post here, so they can see the photos, and maybe they'll be able to point you to the same item, or at least something similar.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Seriously impressive sleuthing! I have a pair of Ballin pants (old) which have worn well; I think their market is via men's shops versus large department stores, and I suspect they may do contract manufacturing as well, as they aren't the most common name out there. Can anyone explain to me what Canada has to offer to promote garment makers that the US does not? This company and Jack Victor come to mind as mid/upper market manufacturers that seem to be doing well. I'd slot them in at a hair under BB, but that's just my opinion. Or is Canada simply a better dressed country?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Many of Canada's garment manufacturers are located in Montreal. Ralph Lauren green label suits are manufactured here (or abroad) and they have a branch for marketing purposes in Vermont. At the opposite end of the spectrum is Samuelsohn.

Given the present exchange rate differential of about 25%, you can get quality manufacturing (if made in Canada) at a somewhat lesser cost than if the garment was made in the USA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.