Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm out of town but will post all three colors by Monday.

Chili is my favorite AE color. I have cody's in chili and in black and a woven top chili shoe they made [big weave only the upper] that I have beat unmercifully and they still hold up perfectly. I walked the entire Mariposa preserve in Mexico, all over the desert in AZ, miles on pavement, great shoes, and sadly, the only comfortable AEs I own.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I'm out of town but will post all three colors by Monday.

Chili is my favorite AE color. I have cody's in chili and in black and a woven top chili shoe they made [big weave only the upper] that I have beat unmercifully and they still hold up perfectly. I walked the entire Mariposa preserve in Mexico, all over the desert in AZ, miles on pavement, great shoes, and sadly, the only comfortable AEs I own.
Are you sure you're getting the right size? I don't have a pair of Allen Edmonds that isn't comfortable.

640 Posts
Anyone have examples of AE's Brandy, Mocha, and Chili colors? Any pics of shoes with those colors you can share?

I'm considering the Dryden or Byron models.

Thanks very much in advance!!!
I've got:
  • Dryden in Mocha and Brandy. The Mocha is the darkest brown I've seen from AE. I like it on the Dryden. Brandy is on the ligher side of medium. And the edges of the soles on the brandy Dryden are quite light.
  • I had a pair of Byrons in Chili. But I antiques them with my own mixture of dyes to a darker brown with a reddish tinge. The Chili looked good and I'd like anothr pair in Chili if I can still find them. But I'd say that I like the walnut on models like the Evanston is comparable, but I like it better.
  • You can't go wrong with any of these shoes in any of the colors you're considering. The price should be very good. The trouble is going to be finding them now that they've each been discontinued for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.