Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently found a place here that sells Zegna clothes. To my knowledge, this is the ONLY high end store in this area. What do you guys think of Zegna dress shirts? How do they fit, pretty slim or more generously cut? Im a 28 year old guy, so I admit that I do like a more modern look, but Im athletic so I have to stay away from SUPER slim shirts. I dont really have anything to compare it to, so if you guys say my money would be better spent elsewhere, Ill just buy something online and wont even subject myself to the sales pressure :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have a 48" chest and 38" waist and I have to wear an XL. I can often wear a Large in brands like Polo.

The materials are very nice, and I think they're well made. But at full price they're not worth it. In Atlanta Neiman's has racks of them marked down to about $100.

·
Registered
595 Posts
What really stands out on the single Zegna shirt that I have is the buttons. They are thick, and feel almost like they're made out of teeth or some kind of porcelain (they're not). The fabric is fairly thick, but somewhat delicate and should only be cleaned professionally. The particular shirt that I own seems to slide slightly toward running large in the collar and shoulders, but only incrementally.

If I were you, I would just walk into whatever store you have and try some on. Even within brands, certain models fit differently than others. Just don't be afraid to walk away if the fit isn't right.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
What really stands out on the single Zegna shirt that I have is the buttons. They are thick, and feel almost like they're made out of teeth or some kind of porcelain (they're not).
Where were you six months ago when I talked about these buttons and everyone thought I was nuts? I have a Ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt with the same buttons - they're proportioned like aspirin tablets!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Where were you six months ago when I talked about these buttons and everyone thought I was nuts? I have a Ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt with the same buttons - they're proportioned like aspirin tablets!
I was in a medical testing laboratory months ago. Believe me, I would have love to agree with you than been there.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I have loads of Zegna shirts and I think I've commented on them here in the past. They happen to fit me reasonably (ie. not completely tent-like) and have some funky patterns. I like them, but at full retail they're admittedly not great value. The buttons are fun. I also have RLPL shirts and have noticed the similarity though I think the RLPL ones are even chunkier. Borrelli still win the oversized button war though! Zegna strike about the right balance with the button size in my opinion; I've very recently switched to custom shirts and one thing I may try to request in future orders once the pattern is fully finalised, will be to see if they can use thicker buttons rather than the regular MOP.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks guys; I think its worth taking a look I guess. As far as their fit, does the shirt look pretty fashionable? Im still in my 20's, so I dont want it to be TOO boring of a cut if that makes sense. Slim, but not tight; I didnt know if Zegna was more of a traditional cut for older gentleman

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Zegna are not big and baggy. If you are really slim say under 6 feet tall and a 28 inch waist then you will think they are baggy. If you are 5'10" and 32 waist then they should be fine. The patterns are very classic. Stripes and solids, checks, etc.. On sale at 40% or more they are a decent buy. I would never buy one at retail. Also I have found that they do shrink in the collar so get a 1/2 size bigger or make sure that you have enough room in the collar for shrinkage.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
My observations on Zegna (Emernegildo Zegna, not Z Zegna or Zegna Sport) shirts:

- Pretty generous cut, much fuller than RLPL, T&A, or Borrelli
- Long, point collars
- Nice fabrics, patterns, colors

I have a few Zegna shirts, and they have a certain place in my wardrobe, but they are definitely not in my top 5 RTW shirts. Here is my favorite:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My observations on Zegna (Emernegildo Zegna, not Z Zegna or Zegna Sport) shirts:

- Pretty generous cut, much fuller than RLPL, T&A, or Borrelli
- Long, point collars
- Nice fabrics, patterns, colors

I have a few Zegna shirts, and they have a certain place in my wardrobe, but they are definitely not in my top 5 RTW shirts. Here is my favorite:
Yeah your right. I was thinking about Z Zegna when i wrote my last post on this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.