Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I couldn't tell you the maker, but they look exactly like the pair I was polishing for my father this morning, right down to the O'Sullivon (sp) heal.

I couldn't read the maker from the insole this morning, sorry. Although he did tell me he purchased them at the Fort Jackson PX about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'd say with near certainty that they are Executive Imperials, which I believe are made by the Mason Shoe Co. I've offered several pair here (in fact I have a pair of black ones on the Trad Thrift Exchange right now) and they've always seemed to be well made, perhaps a step below the old Florsheim gunboats. They use the O'Sullivan heels and the printing inside, including the union seal, are nearly identical to that in my shoes. They also say that the uppers are the only leather part of the shoe, but I've never seen them without leather soles.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say with near certainty that they are Executive Imperials, which I believe are made by the Mason Shoe Co. I've offered several pair here (in fact I have a pair of black ones on the Trad Thrift Exchange right now) and they've always seemed to be well made, perhaps a step below the old Florsheim gunboats. They use the O'Sullivan heels and the printing inside, including the union seal, are nearly identical to that in my shoes. They also say that the uppers are the only leather part of the shoe, but I've never seen them without leather soles.
Ah, thanks for the info!

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.