Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the thread on the velvet jacket, and it reminded me that hanging in my closet is the SB Notch black velvet DJ several of us piled discounts upon discounts on an already heavily discounted web price to pick up for well under $50.

If you got one, have you worn it yet? Where and with what?. I plan to wear mine to a casual dinner at home with just the wife, pairing it with the red plaid tartan pants she says I'm to short to wear. I'll kill a bottle of zinfandel and then go sit on the deck in the cold trying to acquirer a taste for cigars.

Anyone put their's to a better use?

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
I saw the thread on the velvet jacket, and it reminded me that hanging in my closet is the SB Notch black velvet DJ several of us piled discounts upon discounts on an already heavily discounted web price to pick up for well under $50.

If you got one, have you worn it yet? Where and with what?. I plan to wear mine to a casual dinner at home with just the wife, pairing it with the red plaid tartan pants she says I'm to short to wear. I'll kill a bottle of zinfandel and then go sit on the deck in the cold trying to acquirer a taste for cigars.

Anyone put their's to a better use?
I haven't worn mine once.I may wear it if I have guests over for dinner at my house,but I've yet to do that.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
A black velvet dinner jacket, red plaid trousers, ....

and a cancer.causing cigar - how many obnoxious elements can you combine at one time?
The only thing that sounds good is the zinfandel, if it is a red.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A man that doesn't smoke cigars and wears a Velvet DJ is a ghaey man. But we knew that. Best look is g-string by alnco and a red velvet....i steall all your women with htis.
Yeah...don't post when you're drunk. :rolleyes:
True enough, but what a great laugh as I prepare to shut down the computer for the evening. :drunken_smilie:

If you get invited to a birthday part at the Mansion at Turtle Creek, you're all set. :)
Based on his departure thread, I gather the dinner party discussion was initiated in jest. It was fun to think that someone with a few grand to lavish on themselves actually wanted to spend it on a proper formal dinner rather than girls, gambling, etc. Well, maybe someday ...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All my zinfandels are, of course, red. White (pink) zinfandels are appropriate only on summertime picnics with blue sky, green grass and a few white, fluffy clouds. Good Zins rival Cabernets when they are young.

As far as cigars, having made it well past 60 without polluting my lungs with tar and nicotine, an occasional minor slip into vice is unlikely to effect my health. An HDL of 75, CCS of 11 and clean coronaries on a CT angiogram (I was a volunteer) bodes well for my being shot by a jealous husband at 90.

But I worry about what to do with that D*** velvet dinner jacket.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I wore mine to a birthday dinner for a friend in the French Quarter. Paired it with gray slacks and a purple/orange R. Hanauer bow tie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.