Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a reunion the other day several of my contemporaries were wearing suits with the newer cut.

Wondering whether this is common among members of a certain age.

Obviously, I don't get out much or I would know from experience.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Only those willing to sacrifice both comfort and function in the pursuit of a sartorial fantasy, oddly illustrating the Pareto principle: eighty percent of those squeezing into such undersized suits, look like they squeezed 20 pounds more than they should have into said suits! It is not a good look! LOL. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
NO! That's why I wear a BB Madison cut suits and jackets. I was wondering this morning where I might find suits and jackets that were not cut for emaciated folks. The recent JAB catalog models look like they've been kept in 3rd world prisons and starved. I'm 70 BTW.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Love him or hate him, the cut of his suits was not bad. When I think of modern suits, I think of sartorial abortions like this:
View attachment 20888
That is stunningly too tight. It's wrinkling just from the stress of the skinny cut and I can't even image how it will not rip when worn though a normal day.

Usually trends end in exaggeration - if so, this might be a good sign.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
What about all those high water, peg legged suits he was photographed wearing? :icon_scratch:
No, in my dotage I've not become a fan of Pee Wee's attire nor recommend emulating it! :lol:

But having gone through photos of Pee Wee in his various costumes, and many fashion blogs, some of those therein depicted are wearing clothing that is actually far worse! :eek:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I don't know anyone in that age range that dresses that way. Actually, I don't know anyone in ANY age range that dresses that way. I think/hope that it's intended to be a caricature, but what I have seen (not where I live, but I've been in NYC with some frequency these past weeks) is that fit men, of any age, on the stylistic side continue to lean (hah, pun intended) towards a more 'body conscious' fit, but without the ultra-short jackets and trousers. In that case it can be a good look, but again, fit always matters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.