Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing some post-holiday web surfing to see if there are any great sales. I thought I'd start a thread for intell on this topic.

I'll start the bidding with Bean Dress Rustic Oxfords on sale for $69 (normally $99):

Other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am doing some post-holiday web surfing to see if there are any great sales. I thought I'd start a thread for intell on this topic.

I'll start the bidding with Bean Dress Rustic Oxfords on sale for $69 (normally $99):

Other suggestions?
Other than Brooks Brothers extra 15% off today, I don't know of any others. However, I'm sure there are plenty.

The sale price on the Bean Dress Rustic Oxford is a great deal. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers.
:icon_smile:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Another Black Friday....

I'm heading for the Bayshore Brooks to cash in the gift card from my near and dear (think: LTV on shirts); mrs hbs is looking at the LLB Baxter State parka for herself--down to $149 from $199...

Hope you are all enjoying the Christmas holiday season.

hbs

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Bean has quite a few good items on sale, including the dress rustic penny loafer:

Brian
You all know I'm a whore for these shoes, right? I love them and wear them daily as my casual shoe.

Fit is true to size. Brown is much more brown than as depicted at the Bean site.

JB

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah, you're the one that turned me on to them & I love mine as well.

Brian
I'm sorry to be dense, but JT and VW, are you guys referring to the dress rustic loafer or oxford (or both)?

The price seems right, so perhaps I should pull the trigger. The only pennies I have are the awful, modern weejuns, which look plasticky and are quite uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'm sorry to be dense, but JT and VW, are you guys referring to the dress rustic loafer or oxford (or both)?

The price seems right, so perhaps I should pull the trigger. The only pennies I have are the awful, modern weejuns, which look plasticky and are quite uncomfortable.
We're talking about the loafers. But don't think you're getting anything like a weejun. The leather is dull (like a casual shoe), and of course it has the rugged sole. For me it can go from casual Friday to an easy hike.

Fits true to size, but starts out tight. Believe the card Bean sends along that says, to paraphrase: These shoes start tight. Don't return them. They'll feel great in two weeks.

JB

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lands End

I've never purchased their shoes but Lands End hase their bucks on sale for $39.50. They also have their penny loafers, tassels and cap toe oxfords on sale for $79.50. I searched the archives to get and idea on the quality of the tassels but couldn't determine if they were worth this or not. I would love to hear some opinions.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We're talking about the loafers. But don't think you're getting anything like a weejun. The leather is dull (like a casual shoe), and of course it has the rugged sole. For me it can go from casual Friday to an easy hike.

Fits true to size, but starts out tight. Believe the card Bean sends along that says, to paraphrase: These shoes start tight. Don't return them. They'll feel great in two weeks.

JB
Thank you. I think I'll give them a try.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure why Canadian custom officials are personally rude.

The American customs officers are rule bound and befuddled, but trying to stay on task in a customers service mode when they aren't baffled by anything the slightest bit out of the ordinary. Their Canadian counterparts are more competent and less pleasant.

Both sides of the border need to work on this.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I've never purchased their shoes but Lands End hase their bucks on sale for $39.50. They also have their penny loafers, tassels and cap toe oxfords on sale for $79.50. I searched the archives to get and idea on the quality of the tassels but couldn't determine if they were worth this or not. I would love to hear some opinions.
For $79.50 the tassels might be OK if you can't find anything else. Whenever I see their dress shoes at the Inlet, I'm never very impressed.

Brian

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jpress sale is on
I stopped into the Cambridge location. My gripe at their sale is that they never mark what's 25, 50 and 70% off. I'm one of those shoppers that just likes to do my thing and as friendly as they are, I feel goofy constantly asking "so, how much is THIS marked down?"

Beautiful stuff, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.