Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,603 Posts
Under their terms section:

Your satisfaction is paramount to us. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your new purchase, you may simply return the shirt to us and we will refund you in full. Please note the following conditions: - Returns must be made within 30 days of shirt arriving.

Maybe a typo, but they are talking about a shirt in the return section.

· Registered
816 Posts
Hmmm, could be a cut and paste thing 'cuz I've seen them advertise MTM shirts on ebay as well.

Are there comparable and reputable MTM places for the same price?
I don't recall exactly who it was, but I once saw a MTM shirt program on ebay that was an obvious cut and paste from mytailor.com. The page on mytailor.com that has all the different options that you choose from was on their listing. This might be that same one.

· Registered
100 Posts
i bluntly asked them if they were a legitimate store, and they replied:

Our only physical presence is an office in Queensland, Australia and
an office in Bangkok, Thailand.

We wholesale to stores in Australia who re-brand our suits, however
our supply terms do not allow us to disclose the names of these store.
As you could understand, they charge a lot more for the suits and do
not want their source made public.

We can assure you that our business is legitimate, however the only
way for you to preview our suits is try one out. If you you are not
happy with it, we accept 30-day full refunds no questions asked.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Robert

Lachlan Benson Tailors
GPO Box 942
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia

· Registered
2,865 Posts

Kind Regards

Robert

Lachlan Benson Tailors
GPO Box 942
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
Obviously a form letter - they must get asked this a lot.

The grammar looks fine to me, but I'm curious if an Australian would think it was written by someone from there or someone from another country with good English.

· Registered
100 Posts
i think this person is legitimate, as in they will actually give you something if you give them money. Whether it is well-made or a piece of **** is another question. but i dont think someone would go through all the trouble to set up a good looking website, and a real address just to scam people.

i was looking at their customers, and surprisingly, most of them are from Australian and they seem to be semi-legitimate. Im guessing the sell poor quality knock-off clothes made in a sweat shop somewhere.

· Registered
10 Posts
From their ebay listings, you can get to online order forms on their website. There was only one entry for sleeve length for the shirts, which struck me as odd. I was under the impression that a mad-to-measure shirt would probably take arm length differences into account. Am I wrong in this belief?

· Registered
65 Posts
I've seen their auctions before. Didn't need a shirt at the time so I didn't take a chance. Their overcoat page has pictures of coats from online retailers with the heads chopped off as design ideas.

Anyone tried these? They claim BESPOKE, in all caps so it must be good :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,865 Posts
From their ebay listings, you can get to online order forms on their website. There was only one entry for sleeve length for the shirts, which struck me as odd. I was under the impression that a mad-to-measure shirt would probably take arm length differences into account. Am I wrong in this belief?
Sort of, yes. This is the difference between a made-to-measure shirt and a custom shirt. Custom shirts use individual measurements of the customer; made-to-measure allows the customer to select fabric and details like collar style, but the shirt is made to a set pattern in a stock size.

· Registered
3,539 Posts

Kind Regards

Robert

Lachlan Benson Tailors
GPO Box 942
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
That's odd - they say they have an office in the state of Queensland (QLD), yet their mailing address is in the state of Victoria (VIC) ie almost opposite ends of the country.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Looking at the rather remarkable price of $289 for an MTM suit, including the accessory of one's choice and acknowledging the questions regarding the physical location of the vendor's operation, I am reminded of the old adage; "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is"! "Let the buyer beware"!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.