Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting custom trousers for winter. Are there any cloth makers which do better with flannel? What I prefer is dense mid-heavyweight flannel, which can keep me warm in cold wind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Holland & Sherry. I've bought lovely worsted flannels from their Viceroy book, and there are some wonderful Viceroy woollen flannels as well. I purchased mine from Beazley's in London. If you want something really special, you should consider the H&S Escorial flannels.

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Some very good suggestions! I would suggest you should also be mindful of whether you would prefer a worsted flannel for wear and longevity or a woolen flannel for look, character and texture.

In terms of makers, I'm personally very partial to Lesser's Golden Bale, but it is very dear. Fox and Smith have some exceptional choices. Harrison's is certainly worth exploring. The Minnis flannels tend to be a bit rough, but very striking and very classic. The Holland and Sherry Victory range gets mixed reviews. Inasmuch I have never personally had anything made from that book, I hesitate to weigh in but if you're look at H&S you might want to consider these as well.

Keep in mind that most of these offerings only come in a specific weight, so if you are looking for a very precise weight (say a 13 ounce wooolen), your options might be more limited.

In any event, there are some wonderful possibilities out there. Let us know what you eventually decide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.