Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a skinny guy with a narrow waist, reasonably wide shoulders, long legs and arms, and very narrow feet--I have a hard time shopping.

"Big and Tall" guys have their own stores, but being skinny and tall is like being part of some secret underground, where occasionally people share tips, but there's no one source.

For example, browsing through BB, I saw they now have a "slim fit" merino long-sleaved polo, which is great, (and they actually use a model with my (ectomorphic) body top displaying the piece.) But I just happened to randomly run across it--there's not centralized "Ectomorph's" page on Brooks Brothers.

So, just curious, if I'm missing some sources. The ones I know about are:

BB slim fit shirts
New Balance for B width sneakers
Alden for B width shoes.

...would love to know of more for casual shirts, overcoats, and casual shoes.

Jon

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you except I have normal feet. XL shirts and sweaters are too bulky and L sizes have sleeves and bodies that are too short. LL Bean, J Crew, Banana Republic, and some others all offer tall sizes in many things. The BB slim fit shirts are slimmer than their regular stuff but not slim in an absolute sense. They are still a big improvement but not perfect.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Lands' End offers multiple shirts in 'tall' sizes, as well as 'long' neckties, and long-rise trousers. You'll probably have to poke around the site a bit, but the stuff's there. As for shoes in narrow widths, take your pick. Most quality shoemakers offer shoes from AAA (very narrow) to EEE (very wide).

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I am 6'3" and 180# with 10.5 D or 11C feet, depending.

I wear a 41L jacket and a 16 x 35 shirt and have a 32" waist and need a 34" inseam.

Suits are a problem in that a 41L has 35 or 36" waist. Too much to be taken in. I have purchased 41L "athletic fit" suits at Syms, but as you know, there is very little choice in such an unusual size. I'll do suit separates (I think Southwick has a program) whenever I go for my next suit.

In most larges, I find the sleeve and body length just a bit too short.

I like LE and Bean for their good selection Large/Talls. Eddie Bauer also has talls in most items. BB slim fits are great.

I can get by with BB Large sweaters. They are long enough to cover the torso.

Allen Edmonds also has narrow widths in most of their models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in this category too. Was great for cross country and basketball, but shopping has not been easy. I recently tried on Ted Baker dress shirts and they fit ok - except the neck was too tight. Brooks Brothers Slim Fit is really not slim enough for me. Now, I go all custom for dress shirts, but keep hoping to find a cool off the rack brand that caters to me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.