Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently started frequenting antique shops and have found that they are excellent places to source cufflinks and other accessories.I have so far picked up:14 pairs of cufflinks,3 sets of shirt studs (2 MOP,1 onyx),1 set of collar studs,1 watch chain (gold),and 2 tie tacks (MOP).I find that antique/vintage accessories are far nicer than modern.Does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I was in San Antonio about a month ago and picked up a great fedora(?) in an antique shop as well as a Gilette safety razor.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in San Antonio about a month ago and picked up a great fedora(?) in an antique shop as well as a Gilette safety razor.
I got my Gilette in an antique shop too (I'm not sure what model it is).I would love to be able to get a hat at an antique place (I see silk top hats every now and again),but as I wear a size 8 hat (if you ever want stress,try finding a fedora or homburg in that size),I'm pretty much up a river without a paddle.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I got my Gilette in an antique shop too (I'm not sure what model it is).I would love to be able to get a hat at an antique place (I see silk top hats every now and again),but as I wear a size 8 hat (if you ever want stress,try finding a fedora or homburg in that size),I'm pretty much up a river without a paddle.
Goodness - I wear a 7 5/8 and have difficulty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.