Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Thank you for the article, and while The Times is one of my favorite news sources, I'm fed up with the party line that the only or main reason work is being out-sourced to third world countries is that indigenous labor can't be found to do it. I suggest that there is most likely not one business that did this that did not have as its primary or sole motivation obtaining a larger margin through a lower cost for the labor used to produce the product. To write othewise is pure propaganda.

·
Registered
285 Posts
^^^This is one of the worries when private equity becomes involved in the essentially artisanal businesses.
Whilst they may crow about domestic production being a cornerstone of their philosophy, one can't help but think their ultimate aim is to make money no matter what.
And if that what is hidden foreign manufacturing whilst sewing in a domestic label...:devil:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I wonder if he taught about the A&S way:
- we only like customers who purchase more then one suit or will be returning customers
- we only make suits one way - soft tailoring

"Anderson & Sheppard, whose co-chairman, Anda Rowland, worries that her apprentices may be snapped up by rivals." - just ask Kilgour, they lost good staff to the Milan catwalks.

Hardy Aimes went downhill after floating themself on the stock-market, introduced a crap women's range and now look at them. They can only make bespoke suits while under admin and a restricted number of suits too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.