Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I found myself in an elevator with 2 legal services attorneys whom I know well through years of being adversaries. I commented to the male of the pair that while I like a pocket square, as he was wearing (maroon paisley and a well folded four point), I would never wear one to court and even find them too much for the office 99% of the time. My legal adversary now became my sartorial adversary rebuking me that a legal services attorney can get away with anything...private counsel, such as myself, are more confined by traditional guidelines. I thought a moment and agreed with him on his point about the "rules." Then the other attorney of the pair, a gay woman, broke in and said that she was astounded and glad to see two very heterosexual men having such a conversation in public, in a very reserved environment. She thought it very refreshing, but said that her partner wears suits, reads GQ and would agree with me. The three of us shared a moment of silent consideration and then laughed out loud at the course of our conversation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.