Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best quality Chelsea/Dealer boot in the USA ? (without going custom)

I am in the UK and know we have very good boot makers here, however I am interested in maybe adding a good American boot to my wardrobe.
Cheers

· Registered
2,787 Posts
How refined? This is probably the wrong country for RTW chelsea/dealer boots in the 21st. Someone may chime up with a Texas bootmaker or A. Edmonds may make some. For utilitarian you might check the UK stockists of www.dehner.com , but that's kinda coals to Newcastle. For US made town boots ????. Wrong century.

· Registered
4,101 Posts
AE recently had the Taunton, which I don't find a particularly pleasing specimen of the form. I think it's been discontinued.

Other than that, I have to agree with Jamgood. If I were after a U.S.-made boot, I'd consider an Alden laceup. Maybe the Indy, or one of the Leather Soul cordovan models.

The cordovan boot in this post is pretty dreamy:

This one is a little sleeker:

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the event US manufactured Chelsea boot designs are not to your liking, have you considered RM Williams boots, made in Australia, as an option to add to your foot-wear collection? A possible source; www.bootsonline.com
Thanks, I have ordered some in Kangaroo chestnut, due here end this week/next week direct from OZ

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^ Outstanding choice! I have the RM William boots in both black and chestnut and a pair of their Craftsmen boots in chestnut yearling. They are all extremely comfortable and have proven to be incredibly durable...after six/seven years, Though the heel toplifts have been replaced, I'm still walking on the original soles. Hope you enjoy your boots! :)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Eagle, sounds good, I ordered my usual size (UK 10) read here somewhere that you should go down one size ! I ordered the Kangaroo Chestnut Craftsman. I also heard the soles dont wear that weel, but yours seem to have been OK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.