Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1557 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some remarkable shoes out there that are not made in Japan, so much as I like contributing to the Japanese shoe thread, I don't see why we can't have a thread devoted to amazing shoes from elsewhere.

Loafers from Stefano Bemer (H/T Justin F):

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,701 Posts
This year's winner of the Shoe-making World Championships - Daniel Wegan:

Leather art, for sure, but unfortunately they appear to be all style and no substance. It is not a practical design. I just can't imagine wearing something like that for very long at all! Sorry. :(

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leather art, for sure, but unfortunately they appear to be all style and no substance. It is not a practical design. I just can't imagine wearing something like that for very long at all! Sorry. :(
No need to apologise! In Justin Fitzpatrick's article on this, he notes that "wearability" was not a criterion, and he analogises such shoes to concept cars.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@RogerP @momsdoc

The last two shoes (well, boot and shoe) posted above look to be right up Roger P or Momsdoc alley: elegant shoes/boots, beautiful looking construction and with a real pop of style.
Actually, I thought Flanderian had just sneaked into RogerP's shoe cabin and taken photos. ;)

·
Registered
27,492 Posts
@RogerP @momsdoc

The last two shoes (well, boot and shoe) posted above look to be right up Roger P or Momsdoc alley: elegant shoes/boots, beautiful looking construction and with a real pop of style.
Actually, I thought Flanderian had just sneaked into RogerP's shoe cabin and taken photos. ;)
Don't believe so.
However, these are Roger's! :happy:

Brown Shoe Plant Terrestrial plant Human leg

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,701 Posts
Think these rather interesting too. Horween hide! Didn't know Horween played in this league!

Betcha Eagle will like 'em! :devil:

View attachment 31096

View attachment 31097
There was absolutely no element of chance involved in that bet you suggested. Yes indeed, I am in leather art lust once again, but there is a fair degree of similarity between this new love and the Cheaney's you encouraged me to consider not so very long ago.

Footwear Brown Shoe Walking shoe Sneakers

Clearly the shine on my Cheaney's is long overdue for some much needed attention, but those Vass beauties do have quite a lot of visual appeal going for them, as well. What to do...what to do? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 1557 Posts