Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen,

Alterations for Brooks Brothers online purchases??
Do you buy your pants and then go in to a Brooks Brothers retail location for your alteration needs? (does this inconvenience the retail store in some way)

I ussually prefer to get the Web Tailor to do mine, but it may not be possible on some occasions. What should I expect by taking them into my local--Nashville-Brooks Brothers?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Turnaround is about 2 weeks, and often there is no extra charge. I don't think you're inconveniencing them. You are a legitimate Brooks customer and they are there to serve such customers; the cost of the resources needed to handle tailoring on BB items is factored into their price structure, rest assured.

One thing I'd ask: Will the store have their own in-house tailoring staff do the alterations on site, or will they ship them off to be done elsewhere?

My advice is to insist on the former.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
They'll almost always have a tailor to come out and at least mark the garment up with chalk while you're wearing it, but some BB stores, and I would guess the smaller ones especially, will send things out when they get busy and so on, so I'd suggest making a point of getting some assurances on this. I've had some bad experiences with "away" alterations by BB, including in the worst case the loss, as in mysterious disappearance or mislaying, of a new suit. Sure, they refunded me, but it had been on sale at a great price and there were none like it left in my size anywhere in the BB system, so it was quite frustrating to have that happen.

Don't let that freak you out, however. This was one unfortunate episode in more than 20 years of overwhelmingly happy shopping w/ Brooks, even if it did put me on guard about this particular potential problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.