Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here with a quick question. I have seen several pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes on ebay with 2 holes punched in the sole of one shoe. Anybody know what this means? None of mine have this.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Not just reduced, but they are seconds or for some reason unable to be sold at full retail.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Sounds like Nordstrom Rack shoes, probably first quality but marked to prevent return. I have a pair of Santoni's like this that I got a good deal off of Ebay.

If they're black leather soles, be careful that they weren't sanded and recolored.

-spence

·
Registered
683 Posts
I understand from posts several years ago that the holes were on display shoes, IIRC, right shoes so they could be mounted on the display. I recall some pairs being slightly different color due to the fact that one pair was maybe in a store window, while another was in the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand from posts several years ago that the holes were on display shoes, IIRC, right shoes so they could be mounted on the display. I recall some pairs being slightly different color due to the fact that one pair was maybe in a store window, while another was in the box.
I agree. I just bought a pair of Park Avenues on ebay with the same two holes. The color is fine but the "display" shoe is slightly beaten up. Not enough to really notice, just enough to obsess over. Otherwise new PAs at a great price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As I understand it the W stands for worn. The two holes are to prevent full retail return the Rack.

I picked up a pair of AE Leeds in shell, and is marked with an FR on the bottom. Any idea what this might mean?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.