Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a pair of black Park Avenues, but am trying to find the best price possible. Right now I'm leaning towards buying them at JAB since it's my understanding that you can use their 20% corporate discount on shoes as well as clothing. That would put them at about $260. I live in Cincinnati, OH and as far as I know, there are no AE outlet stores in the area. Other than watching Ebay for a pair in my size, which is risky anyway since I can't try them on or return them, does anyone have any other suggestions on where to possibly pick up a pair for less than $260? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If there is a Nordstrom Rack in your area, you may want to pay them a visit. Often you can find AE shoes for about $110-$180. Also, Nordstrom Rack usually has the AE Redding, which is the Nordstrom / AE version of the Park Ave.

I recently found a couple pairs of Reddings for $149 each.

Cheers and good luck.

·
Registered
608 Posts
eBay

If you know your size, and can wait, eBay may be a great option. I got fantastically lucky for what the seller says was a floor model at $80. (There was no sole marking nor leather finish problems)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm in the market for a pair of black Park Avenues, but am trying to find the best price possible. Right now I'm leaning towards buying them at JAB since it's my understanding that you can use their 20% corporate discount on shoes as well as clothing. That would put them at about $260. I live in Cincinnati, OH and as far as I know, there are no AE outlet stores in the area. Other than watching Ebay for a pair in my size, which is risky anyway since I can't try them on or return them, does anyone have any other suggestions on where to possibly pick up a pair for less than $260? Thanks.
Please do not be penny wise pound foolish. PA is great shoe, I could play soccer in mine. Do not look to save $ 20 - 50 which you will waste away on snacks or gas on unnecessary trips anyways. Buy them from shoebuy.com this labor day, there will be 20% coupon plus additional 10% of as first time buyer and be done with it. With the discounts it should cost you $235 Those shoes will last 10-20 years please do not waste you time trying to save additional a couple of bucks just do not buy soft drink here or there and there is you savings.

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is an Allen Edmonds Tent Sale in Jeffersonville, Ohio (About 60 miles northeast of Cincy on I-71). See the link below

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=84721

I will be going up there either tomorrow or Friday to check it out.

Otherwise I would suggest looking online and seeing if you can find any deals. I have gone to the Allen Edmonds store in Rockwood Commons to tryon shoes to make sure I got the right size, and then bought them on line. I have done this twice, and they have always been helpful and pleasant. I think the salesmen work on commission so if you use this approach make sure you buy some items (belts, shoe trees, etc) and go when they are not busy.

The Nordstrom's in Kenwood is supposed to open in about a month. I am hoping they have some sort of grand opening sale.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is an Allen Edmonds Tent Sale in Jeffersonville, Ohio (About 60 miles northeast of Cincy on I-71). See the link below

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=84721

I will be going up there either tomorrow or Friday to check it out.

Otherwise I would suggest looking online and seeing if you can find any deals. I have gone to the Allen Edmonds store in Rockwood Commons to tryon shoes to make sure I got the right size, and then bought them on line. I have done this twice, and they have always been helpful and pleasant. I think the salesmen work on commission so if you use this approach make sure you buy some items (belts, shoe trees, etc) and go when they are not busy.

The Nordstrom's in Kenwood is supposed to open in about a month. I am hoping they have some sort of grand opening sale.
Thanks for the info,
I called Jeffersonville and got 2 pairs of Park Avenues (factory seconds) for $179 each, with free shipping, and no tax since I actually live across the river in KY. They advised that 80% of the factory seconds have no real visible defects, but if I receive them and decide that I don't like them or feel there is a defect that is too noticeable, I can return them for a full refund. I figured I couldn't go wrong there.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Since you already know your size, I suggest you call Bob Jones Shoes here in Kansas City: (816) 474-4212. They always seem to have really good prices on AE shoes (less than $200). Who knows? Maybe they'll ship the shoes to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.