Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'd like to get your opinion on this pair of AE McClain shoes, as I had another person expressed concerns about their authenticity.

Photos are attached.

Do they look real to you or not?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
No concerns at all. I looked at the Bleecker Street's on my feet to compare, and there's no doubt when looking at sole/heel/interir lining. I mean, forging a goodyear welt? C'mon!

Perhaps logo styling has changed from the AEs your acquaintance has seen? I know it's changed across the pairs that I own.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I see nothing there that would lead me to suspect that they are not authentic.
If these concerns are being raised by a potential buyer, it could be that he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Or he could be trying to scam you. Personally, I would be worried about selling to a buyer like that.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
They are real Allen Edmonds.

If Allen Edmonds ever had to worry about counterfeiting it would have been for the shoes they manufactured prior to the Paul Grangaard era. (Actually more like 25-30 years ago.)

I have a couple of pairs of nos AE MacNeil's in shell from ~18-20 years ago. The quality of the leather, especially the lining, is indeed remarkable.

If someone was going to produce knock-off shoes just think of the brands they would go for before Allen Edmonds.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
They are real Allen Edmonds.

If Allen Edmonds ever had to worry about counterfeiting it would have been for the shoes they manufactured prior to the Paul Grangaard era. (Actually more like 25-30 years ago.)

I have a couple of pairs of nos AE MacNeil's in shell from ~18-20 years ago. The quality of the leather, especially the lining, is indeed remarkable.

If someone was going to produce knock-off shoes just think of the brands they would go for before Allen Edmonds.
I see far more female knock-offs than men's shoes. Every week, I see a pair or two of Christian Louboutin. Plus, I commonly see fake Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, and Hunter.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
From a simple economic perspective these are real. Who would go to the time and effort to craft a high-quality reproduction of an AE (with all due respect to AE of course)? But are you the interested buyer, or seller? In either case, legit.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very to all who replied!

I also contacted Allen Edmonds ([email protected]) on these shoes and they confirmed that shoes are authentic! Here's text of AE's response:
"
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

I have ran the codes inside the footwear and they are in fact real. They were produced in 2014.

Sincerely,

Holly
"

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would seriously hope this thread is a joke. This is ALLEN EDMONDS... who in the world would counterfeit allen edmods? really?? LOL

That is like saying OMG is this Toyota genuine?
Unfortunately this is not joke.

I sold this pair of shoes to someone and now he's coming after me accusing me of selling counterfeits.

I contacted Allen Edmonds, sent them photos of the shoes and they confirmed that these McClain shoes are real, so I forwarded AEs response to the buyer. I also pointed him to this discussion and invited to participate if he's not convinced.

At this point I am not sure what else can be done to convince this buyer. After manufacturer confirmed their own product - in my book you can't get any better than that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Unfortunately this is not joke.

I sold this pair of shoes to someone and now he's coming after me accusing me of selling counterfeits.

I contacted Allen Edmonds, sent them photos of the shoes and they confirmed that these McClain shoes are real, so I forwarded AEs response to the buyer. I also pointed him to this discussion and invited to participate if he's not convinced.

At this point I am not sure what else can be done to convince this buyer. After manufacturer confirmed their own product - in my book you can't get any better than that.
There is an old saying, "You can't fix stupid"

It clearly applies to your buyer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If AE is a Yugo, or even a Toyota, in your car analogy, what would a pair of Cole Haans be? Or a modern pair of Johnston and Murphys or Florsheims?
Maybe a crappy fiat? Those turds are always broken and are truly piles of junk - trying to market and sell by virtue of "made in italy".

Certainly is a good analogy for Cole Haan shoes - crappy style shoes whoring off a dwindling name.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.