Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Mall of America yesterday and saw a sign at the Rack saying that they'd be having an Allen Edmonds Event on Friday, April 17. It didn't say what the event was (though it did list prices between $69 and $79), but it might be the style clearance sale I saw mentioned at AAAC a while back. I also don't know if other Racks would have the same sale event, but it's worth checking into!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks! I just called my local Rack & they said you can come in now, try on the shoes, and they will hold them for you so you can buy on 4/17. I am going in tomorrow.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I went to the Rack today & they have a handful of styles that will be priced no more than $79.97. You can put your name & phone # in to reserve the shoes for you. I wasn't crazy about them so I didn't buy any. They did have a penny loafer in chili on the regular sale rack that I loved but not in my size ($129).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just got back. Not much inventory at the store I went to. Mostly shoes with a squared toe. I didn't pick anything up.

The sales guy at my store was particularly unhelpful. I asked if there were any other racks of Allen Edmonds and he said he didn't know. A minute later I asked another saleswoman if there were any more, the original sales guys was standing there and he responded with a definitive "no". I said just a minute ago you said you didn't know & he responded, "I....I....I... guess I don't know".

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was disappointed. A small inventory, mostly the Alameda model and a few Jackson. I did pick up a pair of brown Jacksons, the only pair of 11EEE they had in any model, and at $70 I was satisfied with the purchase. But I was looking to buy more than just one pair of shoes, and the limited selection was disappointing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got back from the one in Peabody, MA. Couple pairs of Jacksons was about it in size 11. Guess they didn't get the memo, or maybe there was an early rush, it is a common size. In the past, every pair of AE I've seen there was an obvious factory second. I didn't look at them closely today.

I've been completely underwhelmed by the Rack except as a source for inexpensive shoe trees. Now that there's a K&G down the road that sells Woodlores at a hefty discount, I don't have much reason to go at all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just got back from the one in Peabody, MA. Couple pairs of Jacksons was about it in size 11. Guess they didn't get the memo, or maybe there was an early rush, it is a common size. In the past, every pair of AE I've seen there was an obvious factory second. I didn't look at them closely today.

I've been completely underwhelmed by the Rack except as a source for inexpensive shoe trees. Now that there's a K&G down the road that sells Woodlores at a hefty discount, I don't have much reason to go at all.
I buy AE shoe trees from AE's outlet store on eBay.

·
Registered
424 Posts
just came back from the glendale CA RACK. No AE's except for some seconds and two regularly priced ones on the rack (in my size at least). Some Robert Talbott Best of Class ties for $24.99 and $29.99, a couple of stacks of unpleasant looking 7 and Boss Jeans. total waste of time. Don't bother going.

Apparently the word was out, place was deserted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.