Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating on two different Chukkas. 1) The Alden of Carmel chukka on their site model AF 82 in Brown Calf with a commando sole on the plaza last or 2) Ron Rider's new Chukka model RBCB 2 in the Bombay/Dark Cognac calf.

Anyone have any experience with these two chukkas and know of a place in either Los Angeles, Ca. or Scottsdale, Az that has them to try on before buying.

My only experience with Alden is the 986 full strap penny shell cordovan on the Aberdeen last. With Ron Rider, I purchased the Romano Martegani derby. Both shoes were size 11 D.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shoes on both lasts, but not the specific shoes you mention. I enjoy them both, and both Adam and Ron are great to work with. Either is a winner based on my experience.
Do the plaza last fit the same as the last from Ron Rider. Do you have the calf or the shell cordovan from either or both.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Do the plaza last fit the same as the last from Ron Rider. Do you have the calf or the shell cordovan from either or both.
Mine are shell cordovan from both Ron and Adam. However, I just checked Ron's site and realized my shoes are the RBCB1 and 3, not 2. Evidently the #2 is available only in calf. So I can only speak to Ron's #1 and #3.

With that said, compared to the Plaza lasts, the #1 is ever-so-slightly more narrow while the #3 is just a tad bit more full. I enjoy both, and would imagine that the #2 provides a good fit, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.