Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the board and just bought my first pair of Alden shoes. Beautiful and obviously well made shoe. I normally wear a sz 12B in Johnston & Murphy Greenwich style shoes. I just got the Aldens in and I'm going to ship them back for a different size. The issue is that when I stand in them, I feel like a lot of pressure is on the bottom outside part of my big toe in each shoe. Kind of like that is where my weight is being distributed. I don't feel like they are too short, just that the cut of the shoe might be too narrow near the toes. So, should I jump up from a 12B to a 13B or go from a 12B to a 12C? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the calf skin wing tip blucher on an aberdeen last. Since this is my favorite style in this color, switching to another last/shoe isn't an option. BTW, I saw the thread about Amazon's deal on the AE cordovan shoes. Those are some beauties! I'm also thinking about springing for those shoes since they're a steal. How does that shoe compare to this Alden in the toe box? Thanks.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.