Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually wear the Aberdeen or the Copley, the two more narrow widths in the Alden line...how do the Barrie and Leydon compare? I know they are wider, wonder about length?

·
Registered
476 Posts
While I can't speak for the Aberdeen, since I have not yet worked with them to figure out my size or if they will work for me at all, I do have one Copely in 9.5 E (my Brannock measure, for all that's worth) and one Barrie in 9 E. I have about the same toe room in length in both of them but a bit more width room in the Barrie. YMMV, of course.

Marc

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I can't speak for the Aberdeen, since I have not yet worked with them to figure out my size or if they will work for me at all, I do have one Copely in 9.5 E (my Brannock measure, for all that's worth) and one Barrie in 9 E. I have about the same toe room in length in both of them but a bit more width room in the Barrie. YMMV, of course.

Marc
What I thought.......thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Alden sizing

I trust you have seen this from the Alden of Carmel website;

Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size
Plaza last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Aberdeen last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Van last - 1/4 to 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size
Barrie last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Barrie last size 9 1/2)
Trubalance last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Trubalance size 9 1/2)
Modified last - at least 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Modified last size 9 1/2)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I trust you have seen this from the Alden of Carmel website;

Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size
Plaza last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Aberdeen last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Van last - 1/4 to 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size
Barrie last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Barrie last size 9 1/2)
Trubalance last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Trubalance size 9 1/2)
Modified last - at least 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Modified last size 9 1/2)
I did see this but wondered about the accuracy with real feet......The Barrie I have had and I know they are a very full fit, the Leydon I have no experience with. I do wish they came in a B width, it would make things easier, but I can fill the space with an orthotic like I do with my RM Williams boots. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Barrie last has a longer toe box than the Copley last, and is overall more volume. The Leydon last is about the same size and shape as the Copley last. The biggest difference for me is the shape of the shank area. The Barrie and Leydon lasts have more curve/slope to the shank area, and are better suited to feet that prefer a higher arch.

Th Aberdeen and Copley lasts have a flatter shank, and are better for flat feet like mine that don't like to be corrected more than just a tiny bit.

Jess

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I did see this but wondered about the accuracy with real feet......The Barrie I have had and I know they are a very full fit, the Leydon I have no experience with. I do wish they came in a B width, it would make things easier, but I can fill the space with an orthotic like I do with my RM Williams boots. Thanks
The Leydon does come in a B width. You just need to special order it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.