Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
If you are going with Alden's Cape Cod version of the Bit loafer, going with you regular size should provide a good fit. Should you choose the flex-welt version, try sizing down 1/2 size.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
If you are going with Alden's Cape Cod version of the Bit loafer, going with you regular size should provide a good fit. Should you choose the flex-welt version, try sizing down 1/2 size.
^+1...sound advice. I own two pairs of Cape Cods, and have tried on the flex-welt version a couple times (opting instead for a Gucci model)...so I can vouch for that. I did feel the vamp on the flex-welt was a little too high for my flat feet.

Also, I do think the Cape Cod loafers run a little wide (they are only available in medium widths). The calf leather is very nice and subtle, but it does stretch a bit...so be careful not to leave shoe trees in them for too long (in fact, I would recommend storing them without she trees).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.