Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't remember if I had posted the photos here or not, but now I realize that I had and it was just in a different thread. Sorry for the cross post. Much to my disappointment, they did look like new coming back from Alden restoration. However after some sun exposure, they're starting to fade again. Might be about time to add newer pictures to the thread.

· Registered
72 Posts
Regarding the faded cordovan. I have a number of older cordovan shoes and none have faded anywhere near those of the pics above. Do you guys leave them in the sun to fade?
It started as an experiment for me. I was trying to figure out why some older cordovan shoes looked less purple and more brown. My hypothesis was that sunlight was the primary cause of the color change. I left my boots in the sun for a number of weeks before the color change became readily apparent. I remember Nick Horween has confirmed this effect somewhere. I recently begun to leave my Indy boots where it can receive sunlight again to try to get it back to the condition they were in before Alden restoration dyed them back. The color fade seems to have been much more rapid the second time around.

That pair of LHS have got to be my favorite "aged" pair of shoes I've ever seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.