Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
My first pair of Alden shell cordovan shoes...NST in #8 circa 2001.

Hey man! I see you post on this thread but you're too good for the
What Footwear Are You Wearing Today thread lately.

Nice shoes, by the way.

One quick question.
Did they stlll turn that brownish color using burgundy polish over the years?
Or did you mainly brush them when necessary like the Mac Method?

Just thought it would be interesting if burgundy cordovan still fades brown regardless if burgundy polish is applied.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man! I see you post on this thread but you're too good for the
What Footwear Are You Wearing Today thread lately.

Nice shoes, by the way.

One quick question.
Did they stlll turn that brownish color using burgundy polish over the years?
Or did you mainly brush them when necessary like the Mac Method?

Just thought it would be interesting if burgundy cordovan still fades brown regardless if burgundy polish is applied.
I haven't posted much lately on WFAYWT since I've been wearing a lot of EG and G&G recently and didn't want to offend the ASC lovers. ;)

On these particular shoes, I can't even remember polishing them at all. That's the reason for fading. Also, I left them out in indirect sunlight at my house for a while in 2007.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
This is a great thread, and I also like the (fairly recent) thread started by Got Shell?. (A link to this thread should appear at the bottom of the page.) The photos in Got Shell?'s thread are simply amazing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I haven't posted much lately on WFAYWT since I've been wearing a lot of EG and G&G recently and didn't want to offend the ASC lovers. ;)

On these particular shoes, I can't even remember polishing them at all. That's the reason for fading. Also, I left them out in indirect sunlight at my house for a while in 2007.
Aww come on. Your EG and G&G can't be as offensive as my AE sharkskin duds.
And the WFAYWT needs variety anyway.
Calfskin, cowhide, alligator, crocodile, eelskin, stingray, ostritch and snake from various makes have a place on that thread.
See ya there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't remember if I had posted the photos here or not, but now I realize that I had and it was just in a different thread. Sorry for the cross post. Much to my disappointment, they did look like new coming back from Alden restoration. However after some sun exposure, they're starting to fade again. Might be about time to add newer pictures to the thread.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
This is a very informative thread with some great images.

Perhaps attaching something to the shoes in the way of a tag stating it's to be removed by the individual who begins the recrafting process. It can go on to ask them not to put dye on the shoes,....A beautiful patina takes awhile to build.

I cant' wear a D width so I have to special order Whiskey and it's so rarely available.

Someday I'll own a pair of Whiskey's,...:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.