Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread alluding to this earlier, but it seems to have disappears, so I'll start a new one.

I don't know how many of you have ever watched the TV adaptations of Poirot starring David Suchet. They have aired on PBS "Mystery" and also on A&E here in the States. And you can buy them on DVD from Amazon or whereever you would prefer.

The characters of this series, are, IMO, the best dressed of any I have ever seen. We are talking classic 1920's. People wear suits every day and are never without a hat and pocket square. When in the country, one is dressed for the country. People don their dinner suits for dinner every night. People are white tie at the opera. And as the previous posted noted, Poirt had a kickass smoking jacket - and knows how to carry a proper umbrella among other things.

I personally don't care for the way Poirot himself dresses, but he's supposed to be an eccentric dandy. But many of the non-regular characters look absolutely fantastic. A lot of the architecture and furniture is spectacular as well.

I give this series my absolute highest recommendation for dressing and design.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.