Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the week I pull the trigger on my next AE purchase. I will be getting either of these two in a darker brown. My question is which one do you guys think will look better with a suit? Does the brogueing on the Strand make it less dressy than the medallion on the Weybridge?

And as a side note, what do you guys think of the AE Bel Air Brandy and Bone spectator? I think it would look great with a spring and summer ensemble.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Personally I'd do the Stand - I like that shoe a lot. As for formality, I think it would look sharp with a suit; however, I'm a heathen who will wear monks with a suit.

The BelAir is a great looking shoe, and makes me reconsider me saying "I'll never buy a spectator that isn't black and white."

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
The Weybridge is more formal than the Stand, but the Strand is a more classic style. Both are fine with a suit, but the Strand could be worn with odd trousers and sports coats as well. The Weybridge is too formal for anything less than a suit. If you want a shoe for just wearing with a suit, the Weybridge is the way to go. But if you want something more versatile, the Strand would look great with a suit, but also with a sports coat as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.