Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a look at the AE website this morning and noticed the new styles. I really like Strand in walnut and am considering getting it. I also like the Fifth Avenue in walnut or brown burnished calf (for a more formal or dressy look). I understand that both these styles are classics that have ben brought back to production. What do you guys think of them? If you had to choose one or the other, which would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Interesting to see the price point. I particularly wonder why the Fifth Ave is about $45 cheaper than the Park Ave; am I crazy or is the Fifth Ave merely a PA with a row of brouging on the toe cap? Why is it so much cheaper; has AE made dreaded quality compromises or is this merely a reaction to the economic climate?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Interesting to see the price point. I particularly wonder why the Fifth Ave is about $45 cheaper than the Park Ave; am I crazy or is the Fifth Ave merely a PA with a row of brouging on the toe cap? Why is it so much cheaper; has AE made dreaded quality compromises or is this merely a reaction to the economic climate?
It is a "new shoe special", AE is offering a short term discount on new models, on their web site only.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is an ad in today's New York Times promoting the Classics Collection for a "limited time price of $279". The New York area stores are listed, so it would appear this price is offered at Allen Edmonds stores, at least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it is limited time everywhere. Saw a sign at the store on Mich. Ave. today. This smells of marketing because the leathers LOOK the same and it's all made at the same place. Can't wait to have time to investigate...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.