Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first AE shoes through the Shoe Bank. I normally wear a 9.5D, so I got the Cliftons in 9.5D. I got the shoes today and it's about a half inch too big for me. Is this the case with all AE shoes?

Also, what's the return policy with the shoe bank?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Are you swimming in them? If you foot is not slipping out when you walk and the shoe is comfortable then they might be fine.

If they are not comfortable or are just too big then you might want to try another model, sizing varies by last on AE shoes, so a 9.5 in one model may be just right, but too big/small in another one.

Not sure on the return policy, good luck!

Jack

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I was able to return any unworn shoe to AE outlets (regardless of the discount they were on). You just end up paying shipping (and you do not get original shipping refunded, either).

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^Matsuya: Have your AE purchases been through visits to a brick and mortar store location or over the telephone? The reason I ask is, it is really helpful to visit a brick and mortar location and try on shoes constructed on the various lasts to get a sense of which lasts best accommodate your foot structure. Also when I place orders over the phone, the sales people at the AE Shoe Banks have always been very helpful in assisting my decision as to sizing, based on the shoe model we were discussing. Good luck in your hunt, for the perfect fit...it can be done! ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you swimming in them? If you foot is not slipping out when you walk and the shoe is comfortable then they might be fine.

If they are not comfortable or are just too big then you might want to try another model, sizing varies by last on AE shoes, so a 9.5 in one model may be just right, but too big/small in another.

Not sure on the return policy, good luck!

Jack
I'm not swimming in them, they aren't that big, but I can kind of fit my pinky half way down the heel. Don't know if a 9D would end up being a little too small or not. I think the Cliftons are supposed to be a little long? When I put it against one of my other shoes it is slightly longer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^Matsuya: Have your AE purchases been through visits to a brick and mortar store location or over the telephone? The reason I ask is, it is really helpful to visit a brick and mortar location and try on shoes constructed on the various lasts to get a sense of which lasts best accommodate your foot structure. Also when I place orders over the phone, the sales people at the AE Shoe Banks have always been very helpful in assisting my decision as to sizing, based on the shoe model we were discussing. Good luck in your hunt, for the perfect fit...it can be done! ;)
I agree with the above 100%. If I was trying to buy my first pair of Allen Edmonds online, I would have given up after the third or fourth pair that didn't fit right.

I literally tried on *dozens* of shoes before I found one that fit properly.

Also, the last that the shoe is made on makes a HUGE difference. For me, the only AE last that seems to work is the #0, but it seems to work rather well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.