Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think for a business casual setting I'd go for the Hudson first, since it's more casual. Though the Clifton is a blucher, it's still a fairly formal blucher with the punch cap being the only decoration. I think I'd lean towards wearing it with a tie and odd jacket, while I could see wearing a wingtip blucher without a jacket or tie.

Honestly, though, neither would be my first choice for a business casual shoe. I'd gravitate more to nice loafers, monks, and plain-toe bluchers.
I'm confused now. Some people say this works well and some don't.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't speak for others, just my own opinion.

I'm trying to make a distinction between what shoes I would wear with business casual if they were in my closet already, and what shoes I'd purchase if I were trying to buy new shoes to go with business casual. In the former case, I'd wear either the Clifton or Hudson at least occasionally if I had 'em. In the latter case--that is, if I were in your shoes (pun intended)--I'd buy other styles first.
Can you give me some suggestions, specific models I mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.