Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the AE shearling slipper? Are they worth the cost? Should you order them in your normal shoe size? Appreciate any insight into this product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
AE Shearling Moc Slippers

I have had two pairs of the AE Wolcott moccasin slippers. They are durable, with a double canoe moc soft sole. Leather is good and stitching is tight. There is no padding in the insole however, and the shearling that is used is unexpectedly thin given the cost of the slipper. You might look at the Draper of Glastonbury styles on line, such as the Maine soft sole moc slipper. I think they also have a hard sole sheepskin moc, found at their own website or at www.pediwear.co.uk

·
Registered
998 Posts
I own a pair of the Wolcott slippers and a pair of the Waverly which is the same slipper without the shearling.

Like Boston said the Wolcotts don't have padding but the Waverlys do have padded insoles.
They are well built. No loose stitchings.

They're great slippers not made for the outdoors. Going to get the mail in these is the extent of their outside use. I've considered having my cobbler put on a thin rubber sole on both pairs so they wear longer but still feel like a slipper.

Are they worth the cost? You'll have to determine that. I didn't pay retail.
Also these aren't American made slippers. These are made in the Dominican Republic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.