Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My uncle, a recently retired truck driver, is keen to get his hands on a pair of these shoes (AE Brown and Tan Linen Spectators) in a size 9EEE. He said that he would probably need to custom order them and pay upwards of $350, but I figured I'd drop a line with you guys to see if they can be had for less anywhere. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not the shoe expert that others here are. That said, you may want to do a bit of research on these. If I recall correctly, these are on the 5 last, which is the same as the Park Avenue, and it is the longest, most narrow last. He may need to size down a bit for length. A search of AE lasts would show you for sure (either here or styleforum).
I hope he enjoys the shoes. I would like a pair of these for myself, but it is not financially feasible for me.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I'm not the shoe expert that others here are. That said, you may want to do a bit of research on these. If I recall correctly, these are on the 5 last, which is the same as the Park Avenue, and it is the longest, most narrow last. He may need to size down a bit for length. A search of AE lasts would show you for sure (either here or styleforum).
I hope he enjoys the shoes. I would like a pair of these for myself, but it is not financially feasible for me.
Hummmm. I am afraid this may not be helpful, but while I generally adore spectators, I don't think I like those...

What particular style of co-respondent shoes is the OP's uncle interested in? There must be some way for the gentleman to get what he wants at less than beastly full-retail...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I say size down 1/2 size.
I have no access to AE in wides so I purchased a pair of suede Mora's from GVH (good people to do business with) in my standard 11.5 E and I definitely needed an 11 E. As I also like the Ramsey I contacted AE with this information and their response was that the Ramsey and the Mora are on the same last (I don't, however, know what the last is).

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'm not sure if these are the shoes he wants but i sent them to him. Thats certainly cheaper than what he was intending to pay!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a pair of these, and love them. They are not quite as "in your face" as standard specs, so I can wear them where something like the McClain might not be appropriate. I always get a lot of compliments on them.

Be aware that the 8 last has pretty aggressive arch support. (That's one of the reasons I prefer it to the 1 last, which tends to make me look duck-footed.)

I got mine from the Shoe Bank, but I believe they were about the same price.

Fred

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just got a pair of these from STP yesterday. Had to send the first ones back because of a defect, but the replacements are fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.