Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I measure in between a 9 and a 9.5 in length and just about a D width. I tried on the Delray in 9.5D and the heel is loose (I can fit an index finger between my heel and the shoe). I tried on the 9D and the heel is just slightly loose(I can fit my index finger about 1/4 in), but I say it's pretty good, but the width around my toe area could probably use a little more room. I'm not sure if Nordstroms usually carries an E width, but would going to a 9E fix the problem or would it be better to go to a 9.5D. The 9.5D feels fine except for the loose heel, my heel doesn't come out when I'm walking though. I don't know if going to a bigger width on the size 9 would make the shoe feel loose all around.

· Registered
305 Posts
My local (San Diego, Fashion Valley) Nordi's is moving towards stocking D and EEE. They can still special order E and with their return policy, you're under no obligation to keep them.

I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive, but I believe there's an AE store in Orange County. They may have a wider range of sizes in stock for you to try on.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
I have that shoe in brown suede (9.5D) and it fits just fine. One thing about AE, and other better men's footwear, is that eventually the footbed will mold to your foot and that loose feeling will resolve. That has been my experience at least.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have that shoe in brown suede (9.5D) and it fits just fine. One thing about AE, and other better men's footwear, is that eventually the footbed will mold to your foot and that loose feeling will resolve. That has been my experience at least.
Was it loose in the heel like in my case with a 9.5D at first?

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Was it loose in the heel like in my case with a 9.5D at first?
Not the Delrays, but I do have the Steen which were a little loose in the heel. After wearing them 1/2 dozen times the footbed started to conform to my foot and the problem stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.