Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you end up getting a half size smaller than your regular size? I got the Clifton on closeout from the shoe bank in 9.5D, unfortunately they don't have it in 9D so I can't try both. I think it's a little too big but I don't know if I should return it.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I wish Allen Edmonds' website still had shoe bios on all their shoes so you could see what last they are.

The only shoe that fits differently for me is the Winhall, which is a little loose; however, I don't thinking going down a size would fix the problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I take a 9C in every AE shoe and a 9C fits best for me on the 8 last. Having said that, I have found that different shoes on the same last don't always fit the same. I was at the Shoe Bank this summer and tried on a pair of Winhalls in a 9C. They were looser than the Wendells I eventually bought.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take a 9C in every AE shoe and a 9C fits best for me on the 8 last. Having said that, I have found that different shoes on the same last don't always fit the same. I was at the Shoe Bank this summer and tried on a pair of Winhalls in a 9C. They were looser than the Wendells I eventually bought.
Do you take 9C in other shoe brands?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
#8 is not a good fit for me, but I did get some shoes in that last (Hampstead with basket weave, is OK since my issue is toe box width)

I think that they are a bit on a long side, but not enough to warrant the smaller size (at least for me).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.