Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,620 Posts
Likely these will go way up--but this is where you want a snipe engine like Hammersnipe. It will place your bid with a few seconds to go and you might get lucky.

For a while Grapevine Hill would list a pair twice at a BIN over $100. If they failed to sell, they'd start the third time at 0.99. I picked up several new pairs for less than $50--helped by the fact that 8.5 EEE is not a popular size. I think they figured out what I was doing, since they no longer start things at 0.99.

· Registered
2,620 Posts
Pretty much what has been said--you decide well in advance what you are willing to pay and don't have to look at it again (although you'll get an email if someone places an open bid higher than your maximum). But you can also put items in bid groups eg. "shoes" knowing that you'll only wind up with one pair of PAs out of the five closing Thursday. Two Christmases ago I wanted two Canon cameras, there were over a hundred listed and I had around fifty targeted. It takes around 15 seconds to enter a listing--a quarter hour saved me well over $100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.