Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on this bag? I have flirted with buying a Tusting after seeing some positive posts about them on the board. Although this appears to be an older discontinued style, I like the look of the bag better than some of the current designs. Anyone have this bag or any experience to share? Thanks in advance...

I did notice that the handles are a big long / large compared to what I would expect....they call it a travel bag but the specs show it would be comparable to a medium-large zip briefcase, I would think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tusting Bag

Thanks, Andy. I actually found someone selling what appears to be the same bag on Ebay and the pictures were actually much better than what was shown on STP. Very good looking bag and could not pass it up for that price. Thanks for the reminder about the discount for forum members....

Dale

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I could use an air travel friendly carry-on bag for overnight trips (i.e., one night). In addition to underwear, I bring a fresh folded shirt, a shower kit, a redweld full of legal related stuff, and a few odd items such as a paperback. Any thoughts as to whether this bag would suffice? As you see I pack pretty light. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tusting Bag

i bought mine at stp. gets lots of use and is usually stuffed full of lawyer "things" also gets lots of compliments.

:icon_smile_big:
Thanks - I am actually starting law school on Monday (the beginning of a second career). I bought a padded Filson Laptop brief as it seems perfect for being able to hold a good bit of stuff along with my laptop and is not a traditional briefcase that would make me look a bit pretentious lugging around campus. The Tusting, however, looks to be a perfect second bag when I have less to carry and may want to have something a bit nicer than the Filson but not too over the top.

Will take some pics and post a mini-review when it comes in...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I think that is right, re Jamgood.

I'm inclined to think this might be a bit too small even for my modest purposes, but I sure would appreciate input from someone who owns or at least has actually seen one.
(SaawRaay for the confusion)

Not suggesting MP buy the bag, but while on the Tusting link take a look at their "Clipper" model. It's really just a tarted up English fishing bag design, which I think originated with Mr. Hardy of "Anick" > www.hardyfishing.com/index.php?if=view&pid=219 Similar styled bags can be found in the states by various manufacturers and outdoor outfitters. Mine's tan Scotch grain cow from Timberland, before they jumped the shark. Perhaps www.customhide.com or www.jwhulmeco.com in the states. Also Filson or Orvis. Poke around eBay. The style may be too rustic for your use?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
(SaawRaay for the confusion)

Not suggesting MP buy the bag, but while on the Tusting link take a look at their "Clipper" model. It's really just a tarted up English fishing bag design, which I think originated with Mr. Hardy of "Anick" > www.hardyfishing.com/index.php?if=view&pid=219 Similar styled bags can be found in the states by various manufacturers and outdoor outfitters. Mine's tan Scotch grain cow from Timberland, before they jumped the shark. Perhaps www.customhide.com or www.jwhulmeco.com in the states. Also Filson or Orvis. Poke around eBay. The style may be too rustic for your use?
Thanks, jamgoo, very much.
As I am looking for a bargain I will take your advice and poke around eBay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.