Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum members,

I would appreciate any advice on whether the depicted suit (a ~7 year-old Canali that I wore for a year or so back then and kept in the closet since) is worth "salvaging" by visiting a tailor. If so, what alterations do you think are appropriate? It was a quite expensive suit (in the 1000 euro range) and there is no wear on it. Now, it feels quite "boxy" and buggy, even though I have to admit that for the past couple years I've been buying only "fitted" clothes, so I might be biased.

FYI, I'm afraid I don't have much experience with suits, as I only wear them during professional/scientific meetings (few times a year), ceremonies, and church/family occasions.

My apologies for the number (and possible redundancy) of pictures...

Thank you very much in advance,

Stavros.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I remember, the only alterations were done on the trousers (hemming and quite possibly taking the waist in). I think Cruiser is right that the sleeves may be a tad too long. Is it possible at all for a tailor to add a little more waist suppression?

·
Registered
464 Posts
It looks pretty good. The trousers look like they may be just a little snug across the hips causing the pleats to open a bit. It could be your stance when taking the pictures though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its personal preferance of course but i would nip it in a little at the waist and try and take a little fabric out of the back i think if you were standing with your arms more relaxed we would see a bit more creasing of excess fabric across from the shoulders. but overall the suit is fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.