Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Stay conservative with the cut and fabric. You want to try not to obviously outdress partners, judges or jurors. I would get a few more brooks mtm in the fabrics you desire.

Make sure you have plenty of good shirts ties and shoes in your budget. Allen Edmond cordovan is the official lawyer shoe. Go laceup.

· Registered
144 Posts
I've been on this board for about a year, and the consensus view is that Oxxford is the best suit made in America. Plus, aren't you in Oxxford factory territory?

I would find the best handmade suit that fits you right in the $2000 class. I wouldn't buy anything machine stitched for that money. I would buy two share Brooks MTM unless I was jumping into the Oxxford range.

I have a fully canvassed Hickey Freeman Collection and a Brooks Half-canvassed, and the difference isn't that great. Handmade appears to me where the money jump is justified, especially a $1000 jump.

Of course, I am an OTR guy who has a tailor that makes most things OTR fit pretty well. Those with MTM experience may have more valuable opinions.

· Registered
144 Posts
Hickey has a Chicago store, correct? I would make that the next step up if you can get one or two in the $1500-$2000 range MTM. That is, if Oxxford MTM can't be had for $2000ish.

I get more compliments on my Hickey Freeman Collection than my 1818, and the Hickey is fully canvassed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.