Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a tweed sport coat. I’ve browsed O’Connell’s and Bookster. Since I’ve been spending like a drunken sailor recently, I’d like to keep it under $300. Any recommendations on a good vendor that seeks a decent quality coat at that price level?

Also, my trousers are mostly greys and browns - would a green/olive coat be the most versatile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I am considering buying a tweed sport coat. I've browsed O'Connell's and Bookster. Since I've been spending like a drunken sailor recently, I'd like to keep it under $300. Any recommendations on a good vendor that seeks a decent quality coat at that price level?

Also, my trousers are mostly greys and browns - would a green/olive coat be the most versatile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been away for a while but it seems the Bookster is back with a vengeance.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The Bookster is back? ______For the price your willing to spend you may want to look at some of the British shops such as TMLewin, Hawes and Curtis, Joseph Turner, Marks and Spencer, House of Bruar, and others. Don't expect the same quality as say O'Connell's or Brooks but occasionally something decent pops up. I'll echo what others have suggested, the bay can be your friend, just make sure you know your measurements, saves a lot of grief, of course tailoring would probably be required in any case. So, good luck in your quest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.