Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just an additional question about loafers, i gather that ae loafers are a better constructed shoe. but they are expensive can someone tell me which is a better loafer the florsheim or the johnston& murphy

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
AEs can easily be found for less than MSRP. Try calling the AE Shoebank and asking what loafers they have in your size. Depending on what type of loafer you want you may be able to find retail AEs in your price range also - the Walden penny comes to mind. It is a well made shoe although it is done in "polished" (read corrected-grain) leather rather than calf.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Definitely call the shoe bank for AE, but if you still want cheaper check ebay for the Sebago CaymanIIs assuming you like that style. I just got some off ebay for $31 and am very pleased with the construction, fit and finish

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
It would be better if you post links to specific J&M and Florsheim shoes you are considering - you would get better suggestions.

Without specifics, I would rate the two about the same quality when the shoes are at the same price point (they have different levels).

I would still echo the suggestions above to get discounted AEs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.