Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I too wonder why you would want to add belt loops ....

use braces if you are wearing a jacket. Use the side adjustors if you are not wearing a jacket. lLooks like a perfectly good pair of bespoke trousers you are contemplating screwing up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm guessing you got those off the rack, seeing that there's a price tag and a standard size on the inside, which would make it think it'd be difficult to get enough fabric to add the belt loops.

I did have a client who wanted side adjusters and belt loops, he had a favorite belt he liked to wear with certain things, and had large weight changes and felt the side adjusters helped him to accommodate for that. It was no problem and everything worked well with that combination.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Is it possible? Yes, any good tailor will be able to add the loops.

I prefer wearing a belt to braces or trousers with side adjusters; however, I would say leave them alone. The trousers still have the tags, wy not return them and get a pair of trousers with loops?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Obviously . . .

. . . they're made specifically to be worn with braces, with the side adjusters just intended to keep them looking relatively neat around the waist, if needed.

I agree with taking them back and getting trousers with belt loops, assuming you can. While a good tailor can do the job, if - and only if - there's enough spare material somewhere, it means taking the waist band apart in places and might not be worth it, depending on what you paid for them and how cherished they are.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It is definitely possible and some makers anticipate it. I've bought pairs of RLPL slacks that come with side adjusters but have a bag of ready-to-attach belt loops in the pocket. I did the change-over once - - I asked Fields Tailors in DC to add belt loops and eliminate the side adjusters using the closest matching fabric they had in stock. It worked beautifully. However, I'm not sure I'd do it again, as the clean-fitting nature of side adjusters has grown on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.