Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Thank you all for the hours of information and entertainment I have receved reading this forum. I started getting intrested in clothing as a means of improving my stage apperance (I am a musician). The thriftshops of my town have become my favorite places to hangout. I have also done some shopping at Dillards and Jos A Banks. On the way home from a gig this weakend I noticed an outlet center with a Brooks brothers outlet store. It is about 60 miles from my house. So the question, What type of deals can I expect to find at this store and will it be worth the trip. Any information will be greatly appreated
Thanks. Fat paul

·
Registered
683 Posts
Paul- from what I've read on this forum, some of the BB outlet stuff isn't up to standards, but I recently read that somebody liked the BB non-iron shirts from the outlet better than their mainline shirts. I think you'd like their shirts because they are full cut, for us big guys. I just can't fathom anybody who says they are swimming in the slim-cut shirts(they must be sticks).
For what it's worth, I also like Dillard's "Gold" line of shirts. The selection in big and tall sizes isn't great, but for the staples, you can't go wrong.
As for JAB, I understand that their traveller shirts launder beatifully, according to my laundry
As for BB non-iron:eek:, I like them just fine, contrary to many here. I don't have to send them to the laundry, and I just pop them in the dryer for a few minutes, and hang them to finish drying. They're not perfect, but they are great for day-to-day wear. Also, the BrooksCool oxfords are very nice after a couple of washes, and are thinner than their regular OCBDs, making them much more comfortable in warm weather.
BTW, I noticed you're in Albuquerque, and I'm in Odessa Texas. BTW, my wife is the marketing director for the company that owns the MCM Elegante hotel there in Albuquerque, and we're planning to see the balloon races next year!
I hope this helps!

Mark S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.