Registered
860 Posts
Shoes - brown wingtips
Socks - golden with grey flecks
Pants - grey/charcoal flannel
Belt - brown leather
Shirt - dark blue/white university stripe
Waistcoat - grey/black herringbone
Tie - tritone (navy, two tones of orange)
Jacket - multiple colors (navy, gold, white, red, brown) no clue how to describe the weave
Pocket square - solid navy silk
Watch - white face, brown leather strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Funday

Navy/white stripe jacket
Lavender button down
Blue chinos
Handmade turkey feather square
Brown leather belt
Yellow heather socks
Brown wingtips
Clean underwear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
A different angle, for demonstration purposes:
Whether the skirt is too full or not, I cannot say. However, the right (his left) pocket appears to be about 1/2" higher than the others and I feel the pockets are too deep (extend too far downward to the bottom). I say this knowing that I would be THRILLED to have such a nice jacket that fit me half as well. ¢¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
860 Posts
What a beautiful/handsome family! Thank-you for sharing your celebration of Easter with us. :thumbs-up:
Thank you, Mr. Eagle. The family doesn't behave sartorially as I'd wish, and as much as my wife may speak against the way I dress, she ALWAYS asks for my opinion on anything clothing-related for her and our children. Lol

·
Registered
860 Posts
^^
Nice job on the layering and pattern coordination, Sir. And from the presumed warmth of your rig, may we assume you are bound for points north, offering more temperate predicted daily high temps? ;)
Los Angeles, actually. Lol. I was testing the travel/dress theory discussed in another thread. Nothing noteworthy to report. I packed for warmer weather, so I should be ok. Thanks for the kind compliments. I've had the combination in my head for a couple of weeks and finally got to leave the swamp to try it out.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Svmer is icumen in
Lhude sing cuccu
So, that's the song for incoming Summer, but I do not know of a dirge for Summer going away. But go away it does. I am running out of the days of flamboyance that jazz up my Summer looks, but I'll post a few here in the next couple of days:

J. Press Chambray 3/2 Sack Sport coat, J. Press 6 button vest of patchwork Madras with Mother of Pearl buttons, BB OCBD, LE Yellow Tailored fit Khakis, no name socks, AE Woodstock double Kilties with braided bow loafers.
I love it. I have a bit of a problem when it comes to patchwork madras. And I have some yellow PRL chinos that I wear with my madras jackets. Fantastic.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thank you, Sirs!

Today is my 54th Wedding Anniversary and the Classic Beauty and I are off to the Washington Duke for lunch. Wearing a J. Press 3/2 roll Navy/White Gingham that's been seersuckered and has two patch and flap pockets. The Ferrell-Reed tie was purchased 33 years ago at the Ferrell-Reed store in SF, the town I'll always call home, a BB OCBD, Murray's Toggery Nantucket Reds, no name socks, tan AE pebble grain belt and tan AE Cavanaughs.

The Classic Beauty had a G&T with lunch, while I had a glass of Pinot Grigio
The pants and socks combination is rocking my world. I have to get some more reds [last pair was washed with a brand new (read "full") gel ink pen].

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not exactly trad, I know. My usual objective is a more whimsical and varied, while still conservative, professor look. Preaching on Jeremiah this morning.

These pants are some of the first that I have tapered and hemmed myself (not enough extra for a cuff, unfortunately), so any feedback on them is more than welcome.

View attachment 18127

One of my favorite ties from Tweedy:

View attachment 18128
That jacket... As far as the pants, to my eye, they're too close in color to the background. Maybe another shot with a different background next time you wear them would be better for some constructive criticism.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts