Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I can't come up with the remotest of reason to be in Buffalo, but I've tried. Love to go there someday, just haven't been able to come up with some modestly tenable excuse to go to Buffalo.
I have relatives in Western NY (my wife is a Buffalo native) that I visit at least once a year and if I have time (and a need) I'll take the trip to O'Connell's. I bought one of their famous Shetland sweaters on one trip and the blazer on the next. I'm a 'visit the store and try stuff on' kind of guy.

Fading Fast, do you ever go to J Press in NYC? I've never been there and wonder if that would similar to a visit to O'Connell's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ethan told me that the blazer (the O'Connell's Classic blazer) I bought was manufactured in Cleveland, TN which I assumed was at the Hardwick factory. The other blazer I tried on was a Southwick blazer, I didn't notice much of a difference in the shoulders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the Leeds model as well (I think I had an Ebay pair a few years ago that ended up being too narrow a fit) and would say it's a touch more formal looking than the Kenilworth.

I think the Kenilworth has a sleeker shape that works best with an odd trouser that's slightly tapered. I would wear Leeds, McNeils or an oxford with a suit trouser (which I like to be wider at the hem).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mike B.--looks great! Have you ever considered a pocket square? Maybe a silk paisley in the colors of that classic BB tie?https://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens...rchiefs/0553,default,sc.html?lid=leftnav-menu View attachment 64869
Oviatt,

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm just not a pocket square kind of guy. I have a white linen square that I've tried to wear a few times but I just don't like the 'stuffed' feeling on my chest.

I like the pocket square that you posted above and agree it would go well with my tie

1 - 20 of 39 Posts