Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Bowler hat and spectators...? You have some cojones. ;) Well done. I'd like to see what you were wearing underneath the topcoat.
Cojones? I don't know about that. I have no idea what I'm doing, and am just trying to string together components that look good.

Beneath the topcoat I'm wearing just a tattersall with a red pheasant motif tie, and my MacKintosh tartan wool scarf.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Orgetorix, thank you forthe advice.

A little clarification as the color on the pic (cell phone) isn't very clear. The overcoat, and the bowler are both brown. I went with a brown bowler because I thought it might be less formal. I'm not too concerned with it being an aged fashion. Though I will try to restrict its wearing on days when I up my game.

The trousers are moleskin.

I have an appropriate sportcoat, but the weather was too warm for a sportcoat and a topcoat, yet too cool for just a sportcoat, so I elected to go topcoat only. Perhaps I should have worn my Barbour waxed cotton coat and my tweed cap.

The shoes? I was a bit impulsive. I saw them and had to have them. Don't mind going a little over board with the footwear.

Anyway, I have a lot of clothes in the closet, and I'm willing to learn. Stand by for a few more disasters as I navigate this new horizon.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Casual today. Running about, but avoiding town. Hardware store, lumber yard, Walmart (gasp!), and a hike in the hills with my dog (yup. Those are hiking boots).

Beneath the sweater

Please forgive the lousy cell phone mirror shots, and my sleepy look. I never look bright following a night in the firehouse.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Today's rig. I've been out running errands with the wife, and now I'm off to the pub for a few Christmas pints with the guys from the rugby club. The tie will not be joining us at the pub.

Barbour tattersall
Brooks bros mole skin trousers
Jonathan Richard wool tie
Jimmy Hourinan waist coat
Clark's ??? Shoes
Barbour waxed cotton coat
Barbour tweed cap

Wish I had a contrasting item,...but I don't.

This outfit could probably be cross posted in the country attire thread.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nothing too special planned today, so I went pretty casual. Not hiking with the dog casual, but I could end up in town casual.

With my outerwear.

Yes, my trousers and the sleeves on my coat are too long. They shall be dealt with shortly.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The pile on the Mannequin.

Being new here, I've got to say I really like this outfit. I love the jacket, and the trousers. Seems they could got well with a number of different colored shirt and tie combos. The only thing I'd do differently, the socks. The yellow peeking out would drive me nuts. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A bit of outdoor trad before heading back to work.

Eddie Bauer vest
John Norris fleece lined tattersall
LL Bean wool trousers
Merrill hikers
Cheap Bass Pro Shop hat.

Accessories:
Walking stick
Dog whistle
MTM field bred English Springer Spaniel

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Today's rig.

First day wearing a bow tie. I've been practicing the knot, but today I wore one out.

Barbour tattersall & cords
Jos. Banks bow tie
Brown shoes (hidden)
Brown Izod top coat
Cheap Bass Pro hat

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
New sweater vest today.

With outerwear.

Sneak preview of my new sportcoat (pre-tailoring)

Barbour shirt
Milton's vest
BB moleskin trousers
Clark's shoes
Kenneth Cole wool coat
Broner blk & gry herringbone cap

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The snow and cold require a bit of insulated gear be part of today's rig.

Close up of the tartan tie. No reason for wearing it other than I've been wanting to.

Barbour fleece lined tattersall
BB mole skin trousers
Jos Banks tie
LL Bean insulated dark grey blazer.
Moc toe upland boots

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Please see a tailor about those sleeves. They look to be about 2" too long.

Standing under the deer head as you did made me think for a moment that you were sporting a medieval war helmet.
I've got a lot of stuff, all getting a turn at the tailor. Yes, they're a bit long, for now.
Medieval war helmet? Hmmm? I might be able to pull that off.

1 - 20 of 663 Posts