Men's Clothing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a blacktie dinner this Tuesday and a couple of the older gents had a thinner version of a black bowtie. Not skinny like a 1950s job, but a shade thinner than the standard BB offering which I had.

Any thoughts where a thinner black bow might be found?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hanauer (bowties.com) has 2 1/4inch "classic" or 2 3/8 inch diamond end. They also have a 1 3/4 straight.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Most of my ties are either 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 depending where I bought them. (UK or NYC) However If the fashion police ever said anything about my ties, scarlet silk square, or my opera pumps. I would stand bring my six foot two inch 200 pounds to full height look at this person with my left eyebrow at full "Mephistophelian" arch and say "Begone Twerp before I tweak my nose and turn you into a Toad" Old indeed! Regardless how the were dressed they have paid their dues. They have done more than most of you children will ever do. Maybe two black eyes would help?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Most of my ties are either 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 depending where I bought them. (UK or NYC) However If the fashion police ever said anything about my ties, scarlet silk square, or my opera pumps. I would stand bring my six foot two inch 200 pounds to full height look at this person with my left eyebrow at full "Mephistophelian" arch and say "Begone Twerp before I tweak my nose and turn you into a Toad" Old indeed! Regardless how the were dressed they have paid their dues. They have done more than most of you children will ever do. Maybe two black eyes would help?
I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
754 Posts
To me the orginal post about "old men" is insulting. I have lived in NYC and attended many black tie functions. Yes and many of the people still use very old tuxes etc. Who is anyone to pass judgement on what some else wears.
The OP made a factual observation: the "older gents" were wearing thinner ties. Moreover, he liked the ties. How are you insulted?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I would stand bring my six foot two inch 200 pounds to full height look at this person with my left eyebrow at full "Mephistophelian" arch and say "Begone Twerp before I tweak my nose and turn you into a Toad"
And what exactly where you doing in Penang? That post, and the threat of violence, was completely uncalled for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts