Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I was chatting with an old college chum of mine. Presently he's take up residence in Wilmington, North Carolina, which I hear retains the "Tidewater" culture of yesteryear.

He knows how to dress and works alongside others who appreciate quality, traditional clothing. While discussing clothing with some of his younger colleagues, he mentioned Brooks Brothers. As he put it, they responded with confused facial expressions, remarking only that they knew of "some outlet store called Brooks Brothers." As the conversation progressed, Ben Silver was mentioned repeatedly, as in "Yes, that's very Ben Silver" or "That look is totally Ben Silver."

There it is: in the South, Brooks Brothers has been reduced to an outlet store or, worse, a mall store, while Ben Silver has defined a look all its own. This, I think, is funny.

Three cheers for Ben Silver. And shame on Brooks, who, with their flirtations with Euro-trash and continued commitment to wide ties and strange shirt patterns, have failed to keep the standard they helped to create.

Cheers,
Harris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.