1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I cannot speak to the journalitic integrity of the two seemingly contradictory articles, but I love this quote from the white shirt article:

"I'm from Yorkshire, and the definition of a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out,"

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Shirt

Gentlemen

This is interesting. I bought quite a few white shirts in my life. None have dazzled me as well.
But, serves their purpose.
I do recall some time back. That Dunhill has a bespoke shirt service, or store. In England that does just white shirts. The name white room rings a bell.
I am hoping someone else can help.
I did see this on their web, in the past.
But interesting that they did this.

Nice day

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Can't beat that 25 buck shirt.

But, for $50 you get a great shirt from CTShirts.
I prefer my CTs to the low enders I've purchased.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I still get almost all my dress shirts from Ebay, usually Ike Behar, whose cut and choices of fabric I really like, and rarely pay more than $30, and they are MUCH better than the Target shirts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The merits of this article are laughable when Christina Binkley, the writer says:

"It's possible to buy a fitted cotton shirt -- with the higher-end feature of removable collar stays -- from Target for less than $30".

There is nothing wrong with a shirt from Target. I shop at Target. But removable collar stays is not a higher-end feature. I have personally seen shirts sold at K&G for $9.99 with removable collar stays.

This article missed the point completely. It barely talked about the quality of fabric. It didn't talk about fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.