Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
I like Earnest Sewn and Jake Agave. My Agave Watermans are my favorite pair of jeans right now. I've heard the Levi shrink-to-fit unwashed jeans are rather nice, if not terribly well made, the denim is decent.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am starting to check this brands on the web, Ernest sewn looks nice and the APC rescue, the thing is APC rescur comes in unwashed denim in the on line shop. I remember I had one Gstar unwashed denim and the became very small after the first watch, is difficult to get your right size with this kind of denim

· Registered
1,592 Posts
I am starting to check this brands on the web, Ernest sewn looks nice and the APC rescue, the thing is APC rescur comes in unwashed denim in the on line shop. I remember I had one Gstar unwashed denim and the became very small after the first watch, is difficult to get your right size with this kind of denim
You're supposed to wear APC jeans for months and months before washing and then hand wash them inside out and hang dry. At least that's what I've been told, and it doesn't make them shrink. They seem to take in a little bit and get less baggy. I don't get the tapered leg super skinny ones...can't do those. But there is like a slim straight type and I love those.

· Registered
237 Posts
Gieves & Hawkes.

I don’t know who makes them for them but they are fantastic jeans.

One model a year, great denim quality, well constructed, VERY conservative (the type of jean you can wear with a sports jacket as opposed to fashion forward/discothèque wear.

They are the only jeans I wear now and I doubt I’ll buy any other type until they stop making them.

Note though that these are Gieves & Hawkes and not their “Gieves” line.

· Registered
78 Posts
+ 1 for APC

They are conservatively cut, nicely made of good quality denim, and wearing them 'dry' is much easier and less nasty than one might imagine. Also - they do not have the excessive stitching and other forms of branding that afflicts most better quality jeans.

· Registered
9 Posts
Jean Shop in New York with one location in Soho and one in the meatpacking district, is a private label jean maker that uses japanese raw selvedge denim, their jeans are great as well as their denim shirts, they will soften the jeans free of charge if you request. The reason is the jeans come very hard as they are raw but are meant for you to break in. Jeans are 260 US Dollars and go up if you want custom finishes. Shirts 180 and they have great leather jackets and small leather goods. Customer service is top notch also, and no I do not work for them by the way website is jean-shop.com

· Registered
1,592 Posts
They are conservatively cut, nicely made of good quality denim, and wearing them 'dry' is much easier and less nasty than one might imagine. Also - they do not have the excessive stitching and other forms of branding that afflicts most better quality jeans.
Exactly why I like them too!

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Gieves & Hawkes.

I don't know who makes them for them but they are fantastic jeans.
There are well made, very similar to the one's Hackett and Aquascutum have; I would not be surprised if they same place made jeans for all three.

The only thing I do not like is the colour, the shade is too dark for me, otherwise I would get my jeans from there.

One model a year, great denim quality, well constructed, VERY conservative (the type of jean you can wear with a sports jacket as opposed to fashion forward/discothèque wear.
The jeans do go well with a sports jacket. Far too many people in London walking in badly fit jeans, sportscoat and white shirt.

They are the only jeans I wear now and I doubt I'll buy any other type until they stop making them.

Note though that these are Gieves & Hawkes and not their "Gieves" line.
They stopped the Gieves range; although I liked the style, the material was cheap.

· Registered
53 Posts
For me jeans have to be ultra-classic.

Aside from one current 501 I only have several pairs of vintage Seafarer "Dungarees" (US Navy issue bell bottom cut, high waist, think "Popeye") -those were never sold in public stores and are not made anymore in this style-

and Wrangler's 13 MWZ heavy cotton cowboy jeans. "The official rodeo competition jeans". They are high waist too and have a little wider fit for riders and flat rivets so you don't harm yourself when rodeo riding. I love them. They were less then 25 bucks each new in some cowboy store in california.

Now both are classic workwear not fashion jeans. Still right for me.

· Registered
299 Posts
Gieves & Hawkes.

I don't know who makes them for them but they are fantastic jeans.

They are the only jeans I wear now and I doubt I'll buy any other type until they stop making them.

Note though that these are Gieves & Hawkes and not their "Gieves" line.
+1 for G&H. Picked up a pair for a song on ebay a few weeks back. Really like them.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thansk for the answers, I will try APC, Ernest sewn and Gieves and hawkes, they all look very good. Another thing that I naver liked aboout jeans is that they stretch, Levi´s for example stretch a lot. Can we tell some brands strectch less than other or depends of the model. What about the brands we have been talking about?

best regards

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.